The MyFIRE project is a part of FIRE - Future Internet Research and Experimentation, an initiative from the European Commission to address the need for early experimentation and testing in large scale environments for the construction of the Future Internet. MyFIRE project aims to develop the use of experimental facilities in Europe in particular by increasing awareness of testing related best practices. The project will ensure a balance between the requirements for researcher's collaboration and the stakeholder's expectations. MyFIRE project has eight consortium members which include four European partners and four partners from BRIC (Brazil, Russian, India and China) countries. The following are the consortium members of MyFIRE.
- Inno TSD SA, France
- The European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), France
- THE UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH (UEDIN), United Kingdom
- Fraunhofer Fokus, Germany
- ERNET India, India
- ITMO State University, Russia
- Beijing Internet Institute (Bii), China
- IPT, Sao Paulo, Brazil
MyFIRE project mission is organised around four activities
1. To identify the main issues and needs in the test beds approach
- Researchers and users needs for experimental facility
- Use and creation of standards
- Research Commercialisation
- Economics data for research facility sustainability
2. To define the testing methodologies used by different research testbeds at Europe and international level, so that the best practices model can be analysed and documented leading to improved design, set up and use of the experimental facilities, and standards.
3. To build common tools and road map to increase the effectiveness of the testing approach.
4. To disseminate the results and create an international future internet research community by a series of workshops in Europe and advanced emerging countries like Brazil, Russia, India and China.
ERNET India as a consortium member in MyFIRE project in partnership with ITU organized a Euro-India Future Internet Research and Experiment collaboration Workshop in pune, on 16th December 2010. The objective of the workshop to identify possible relationships which could be established between the EU FIRE community and Indian future internet research communities, with a focus on the future internet test bed. To visit the MyFIRE Indian workshop website.